Pages

July 8, 2013

{firecracker 10k}

i bit the bullet last week and signed up for the o'fallon firecracker 10k.  we had been having such wonderful weather, i couldn't hardly pass it up.
race morning, it was a beautiful 65 degrees.  its not too often you end up needing a jacket on the 4th of july.  
before the race, i met up with a few of the girls from my runners club.  jenn and alicia are both super speedy, so right after the race started, i bid them farewell and watched them speed away.  

as i started out on the course, my legs felt pretty heavy, but the weather was beautiful and i decided to just see what kind of pace i naturally settled in to.  when my garmin beeped at mile 1, i was shocked to see an 8:58 mile.  my second mile was a little slower at 9:20 pace.  after that little bit of recovery, i decided to stick with a pace where i felt comfortable, but surprised myself with sub 9 min miles for the remainder of the race.  
this my friends, was a personal record for me.  both for the 5K and 10K distances.
i am pretty proud of these results.  

here are some of the wentzville runner's club post race
{me, chrissi, alicia and jenn}

i am definitely learning i am capable of pushing myself faster than i typically do during training runs.  maybe this sub 2 hour half marathon goal isn't as far out of reach as i thought.
hmmm...

i'm linking up to Ashley at The Domestic Wannabe for her move it monday series!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers