Pages

March 15, 2011

First Family Run

There is way too much to look at to bother with a silly camera
I really haven’t had much motivation to get back to running since Brody was born.  I have been doing lots of walking on the days that it is warm enough to take Brody to the park, but for some reason the idea of running (for fun) makes me ill.   I used to feel this way, before I “became a runner”, so I know that it will pass.  And it better, because my October 23rd Marathon is rapidly approaching. 

I figured, what is a better way to throw myself back in, than to participate in an organized race, so Saturday morning we loaded up the stroller and drove downtown for the St. Patrick’s Day 5 mile Run.  I have participated in this race every year since I started running, with the exception of last year when I was just too pregnant lazy exhausted to do anything besides sit on the couch.  After I pinned on my number and laced up my shoes, I began to feel a little nervous excited. 
My intentions were to run as much as I could, and walk when I needed to.  Cody volunteered to push the jog stoller, so I could just run.  Man, that thing is heavy, especially when you add a 12 pound baby to a 35 pound stroller. 
We bundled Brody up, as it started out a little windy.  But, the sun came out and warmed everything up nicely.  We were able to run comfortably in short sleeve shirts.  

There were tons of people there, and we just took our time.  I was very happy with myself as I was able to run almost the entire race, with only a few minute walks along the way. 

Well, we did it.  Our official time was 1 hour, 4 minutes, 1 second.  Official Snail Pace. But I have to start somewhere, right?

That was fun Momma, can we do it again?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers