Pages

February 24, 2011

First Trip to the Zoo


Last week we had such nice weather predicted, Wendee, Melissa and I took the boys to the Zoo (Tuesday February 15th).  Turns out we should have gone the next day, as it was still pretty windy and chilly, despite it being 53˚ outside (Wednesday and Thursday it was 70˚, sunny and beautiful).  We all bundled up and spent about 3 hours wandering through the exhibits. 



There weren’t too many animals outside, but we did see some camels, checked out the penguin house, saw a black bear and a few animals inside the children’s Zoo. 








I still can’t wait for it to warm up a bit and spend the whole day.  I have been telling Brody about the Zoo since he was just a few days old.  I want to take him on the train and the carousel, have lunch overlooking the water at the Lakeside café, explore the Children’s Zoo, buy a zoo balloon to tie to the stroller, and enjoy the sunshine on our first family trip.  I know… I’m good at creating memories in my head before they actually happen.  They never turn out like I imagine it, but hey a girl can dream right?!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers