Pages

November 23, 2010

one minute at a time

For those of you who know me well, you know that I had planned out just how my labor, delivery and recovery were going to go.  What is it they say about the best laid plans?!  Now that I have a c-section and a full 6 weeks of recovery under my belt, I am beginning to regret that full marathon I signed up for when I was 38 weeks pregnant.  October 23, 2011 will be here before I know it.

My biggest fear about needing a c-section was how long it would take me to get back to running again.  I already had to give it up during the majority of my pregnancy thanks to a potential placenta previa, and I knew that I was going to have to start from square one.

Square one was today.  Last thursday I had my 6 week check up.  The doctor said everything looks great and that I could go back to my exercise routine after sunday (which was the official 6 week date).  So today, I bundled up the baby and loaded the jog stroller in the car.  I had just planned on going on another walk, but I figured what the heck.  I walked about 2 minutes and then tentatively started jogging.  I ran for 1 minute, then walked again for 2 minutes.  Repeated x 20 minutes, then I finished up by walking the remainder of the 3 mile loop.

So, was it easy? 
Nope.  

Did it hurt? 
Not as much as I expected.  

Am I going to be sore tomorrow? 
Absolutely. 

What I do know is it's going to take me a long time to get back in shape!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers