Pages

November 3, 2009

Up next?

There may be an indoor triathlon in my near future...

After the Chicago Marathon in 2008, I said I was never running another marathon. Look where that got me! Now, that I have 2 marathon's under my belt, Cody (and Brant) have been trying to convince me to move outside my comfort zone to an indoor triathlon. The JCC is hosting it's 6th Annual Indoor Triathlon on February 13th and 14th.

There are two distances for the indoor tri... the sprint distance is a 400 yard swim (8 laps), 8 mile bike and 2.5 mile run... the long distance is a 750 yard swim, 18 mile bike and 5 mile run. I am not deciding on anything quite yet, as I am still having some trouble with my knee/IT band. I joined Gold's Gym two weeks ago and have spent the majority of the last few weeks tackling spinning, swimming, yoga and Zumba. I am enjoying the challenge that these bring, they use a whole different set of muscles than running! The swimming has been the biggest challenge so far, but I am hoping that will get easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers