Pages

December 13, 2009

Frostbite Series 12K




Yesterday was run #1 of 5.  We ran a 12K (which is about 7.5 miles) in about 1 hr 14 minutes.  We kept a nice slow pace, and I was able to run the entire distance without any pain in my knee/IT band.  I had been regretting taking so much time off running since the marathon, but I think that it has helped my knee recover faster.  It was chilly, but I dressed in layers and warmed up quickly after getting moving.  I am really looking forward to the rest of the runs.  


Friday night I joined Cody at the gym for a swim.  I had run 4.5 miles on the treadmill earlier in the day, but thought I should be getting in some swimming since I am still planning on that indoor triathlon in February.  Sunday morning I got up and went to power yoga.  It was a different class (and instructor) than I usually go to, but it felt great to stretch a bit after yesterday's run.  
Total miles run last week:  16


Plans for this week include:
-Working Monday and Tuesday (maybe a run tuesday night)
-Wednesday: Spin Class and Power Yoga
-Thursday: A run and swim
-Friday: Swim and Spin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers